Distracted Driving Is Very Risky. So Why Are We Still Doing It?
Did you know that an estimated 42% of US drivers admit to distracted driving? This means that about half the cars you pass on the road are either texting while driving or have their attention on something other than driving. And here’s another eye-opening statistic: people who drive while talking on the phone are just as impaired as a drunk driver.
The AAA Foundation reported: “Over 84% of drivers recognize the danger from cell phone distractions and find it “unacceptable” that drivers text or send an email while driving. Nevertheless, 36% of these same people admit to having read or sent a text message or e-mail while driving in the previous month.”
Most drivers know the dangers of distracted driving. So why are we still doing it? Here’s the hard truth:
- Busy and Overwhelmed. We live in a busy world and many of us are juggling multiple things at once - work, family, school, etc. Multi-tasking has become the norm, even behind the wheel.
- FOMO. We’re so tied to our devices that we’re afraid of missing out, even for a few minutes. We just can’t resist the temptation to pick up our phone.
- “Not Me, I’m Safe.” We mistakenly think that we’re somehow immune and nothing bad will happen to us.
The OtoZen App: Your Solution to Safer Driving
The reality is our lives aren’t slowing down anytime soon. And let’s be honest, most of us are not willing to turn off our phones while driving. But the great news is OtoZen offers an easy, proactive solution to the problem of distracted driving. Without compromising connection, here’s how OtoZen helps you avoid dangerous driving:
- Real-time Warnings. OtoZen lets you know you’re speeding when it’s most important - while you’re in your car driving. (With no need to open the app!) Reaching for your phone? The app also gently warns you not to pick it up. (These small corrections lead to real change in your driving habits.)
- Location Sharing. Want to check in with loved ones to see if they are safe or on their way home? Location sharing eliminates the need for in-trip calling or texting as locations are shared automatically, once access is granted. Still need to get in touch with the driver? Send an audio message that’s delivered hands free.
- Audio Reminders - Worried you’ll miss an appointment or forget to pick up the milk? Audio calendar and location-based task reminders act as your personal assistant.
What Makes OtoZen Different?
What makes the OtoZen app different from other solutions and apps preventing distracted driving? We’re glad you asked:
- Truly Hands-Free
The OtoZen app is automatically activated when you start driving, without having to open it. The app works hard for you in the background – doing things like keeping your family informed of your ETA and helping you keep your eye on the speed limit. You can go ahead and leave your phone in your pocket, bag, or back seat. OtoZen will alert you with audio-only messages and alerts, making your drive truly hands-free.
Other distracted driving solutions require you to interact with your phone and open apps while driving. For example, the Maps app will beep to warn you of speeding, but requires you to open the app to see speed limit information. The reality is, any app requiring your interaction while driving contributes to dangerous distraction behind the wheel.
- Proactive and Timely
Our technology keeps your family automatically informed about your whereabouts so they don't distract you with calls and texts. Timely audio reminders keep you from the temptation of looking at your phone to see what you are missing.
- Effective Safe Driving
OtoZen and several insurance apps provide Driving Safety Scores to measure your progress made over time. While this helps to track progress, Otozen actually helps you improve your driving while it’s happening, not after. OtoZen’s real-time beeps warning you of speeding and attempted phone pick-ups allow you to correct your behavior in the moment when it matters. The benefit for you is double: not only do you avoid immediate danger, but you also train your brain to adopt better, long-term safe driving habits.
Safe driving is possible - for you and your loved ones. We have plans to protect all family members. Click here to start your free trial today!